Donate Eye - General Information1. Eyes can be donated only after death. Eyes are too precious to be buried or burnt.
2. Eyes can be collected at Hospital, Residence, and Mortuary or at the place of death. An estimated30 lakhs corneal blind are waiting for somebody to donate eyes.
3. One pair of eyes can give vision to two corneal blind individuals.
4. Eyes should be donated within 6 hours after death.
5. Removal of eyes takes only 20 minutes and does not disfigure the face.
6. Eyes are collected free of cost.
7. Our eye bank works 24 hours all through 365 days.